Want to lose weight for good? Well I hate to say it but if you are looking for the fast fix you will gain it all back. Why is that you may ask? Because you have to make exercise a life long habit. Sure you will get off the bandwagon – I sure do, but the point is not how many times you get off but how many times you get back on.
Ever think of why the diet industry is a multi billion dollar industry? Because there are tons of people that are looking for that quick fix and it is more than diet and exercise there is a huge mental aspect to it as well. If you don’t turn on that light switch you are just going to be swimming in circles.
A personal trainer can be accountable to your goals – He or she must be passionate and willing to do anything to help you achieve your goal! Also it helps if the personal trainer is accredited through a good certification. The problem with personal training right now is everyone and their dog can basically get certified but the good ones stand out. The good certifications that stand out from the rest are ACE(American Council on Exercise) NSCA,(National Strength and Conditioning Association) CAN-FIT PRO(Canadian Fitness Professionals) and a newer certification called NASM(National Academy of Sports Medicine) These organizations are accredited through the National Council of Certifying Agencies(NCCA) which basically means if the fitness professional is certified through one of those companies then he or she is the real deal. What even makes them stand out even more is if they have a related fitness diploma or degree.
You are probably thinking I can’t afford a personal trainer but think of it has an investment on your health. Because really that is all that it is! I actually WANT you to stop using me and follow a healthy lifestyle on your own because that means I have accomplished my goal!
Here are some easy steps to get started and in the mode so to speak.
- When choosing to exercise think of the process goal and not necessary your end goal, meaning you want to live healthier and not get so winded climbing those steps to your office instead of you want to lose “X” amount of weight.
- Have more fiber in your diet especially for breakfast. Think of break – fast. You are breaking the fast the state your body is in overnight and this will keep you energized longer.
- More fruits and veggies!!
- Do a 90 Day Challenge! Write down three questions
- What have you accomplished in the last 90 days?
- What are your present issues or obstacles?
- What are your goals for the next 90 days?
On the 90th day look back on your answers and see if you have accomplished them.
These are some things you can do and I promise if you follow one of them your life will change for the better!