The blog that I wrote yesterday, I laid the foundation of how to get strong. Now I’m going to list the exercises in no particular order.
1.Hay Bailers- This exercise activates your core like no other and works on that proximal stability. After a while of incorporating this exercise, you will get STRONG in all your movements!
2. Turkish Get Up – Not much explanation here. If you have been reading my blogs, you know why I am a big proponent of them!
3. Half Kneeling Landmine Press – This is a great stepping stone after doing the Hay Bailers for a few months. This will put more SIZE on to your frame and make your core stronger.
4. Zercher Squats- This is a great exercise for your legs and a magnificent mass builder. Let’s face it, a lot of people for whatever reason cannot do back squats whether if it’s because they don’t have the proper mobility to put their hands back to grab on to the bar or they can’t place the bar on their back. Especially, when you load up the weights. This is a great alternative, not only that but with having the barbell in front of your body it will help you perform the squat better.
5. Ab Wheel Roll Out- Have you tried every exercise under the sun related to your abs but you still can’t get that ‘6 pack’ ? Try this exercise, lots of people when it comes to training their abs they do a lot of flexion exercises but they forget about the extension exercises. Your abdominals are a stabilizer muscle. Try this exercise and let me know what you think. You may not be able to laugh for a few days after though.
6. Back Squats- This exercise is the KING of all exercises. It’s also the ultimate mass builder for your legs. BUT what you may also don’t know is this exercise will make you grow your upper body as well. Think about it, the heavier weight you have on your back, the more your upper body has to stabilize the weight, so you don’t fall over.
7. One Arm Kettlebell Swings- Kettlebell Swings are the ultimate exercise for conditioning. You will get muscles where you have never got them before, and you will also work on your cardiovascular conditioning. If someone wanted fat loss, I always put this in my programming for them. It’s good for people young and old. This is more advanced than the two-arm kettlebell swing, though.
8. Snatches- If kettlebell swings are the king of all kettlebell exercises, snatches are the Tsar! Much more challenging and it’s a whole another level when working on your conditioning.
9. Farmer Carries- Very simple exercise. This is probably the easiest exercise to teach on this list, but it’s more challenging than it looks. Get heavy kettlebells (I admit in this video they aren’t that large) or any weight and go for a walk. Imagine you are in a plank position but walking. This is a great exercise that works on your whole body.
Deadlift- If squats are the king, deadlifts are the queen of all exercises. These two exercises combined will work your entire body. This is a powerful hinge movement. I give this to my clients after they have learned how to do the hip hinge and have worked on the kettlebell swing for a bit.
There you have it. Ten Exercises that will get you INSANELY STRONG.